06 May, 2006

And wouldn't you know.....

...that the time I forget to set the DVR, the Canes wtfpwn their opponent.

Bloody 'ell--but hey, I am NOT complaining at all. I'll take it. No really, I'll take it...especially given some of the comments I'm reading about the anti-Canes bias of the NBC announcerdroids (and yes, I'm taking those comments with a grain of salt).

In other news....

Raleigh sports talk "personality" *snort* Joe Ovies decided that he just had to take a swipe at the fans that are screaming because of the suddenness of the Hurricanes' price-increase announcement--and why? Because some of the complainers have been fans since the transition years in Greensboro (or further back).

Wow, now that's class. Let's go ahead and piss off a chunk of the long-time fanbase for the sake of trying to look cute--not that it's anything out of the ordinary for you. Good job, Joe. Go back to prattling mindlessly about college ball or something, and stay away from hockey before you make yourself look like an even bigger toolbag.

I'm sorry, but the Greensboro-era fans (of which, by the way, I am one) have a point: they've been with this team since Day One here in the Carolinas (and a handful down here have been fans since the days in Hartford), and I think they're more than a little right to feel like they've been buggered sin lubricante by the front office with this one. So gimme my Purple Heart and STFU.

Then Numbnut goes on to say:

Most importantly, if one fan balks at the price there are 10 more right behind him more than happy whip out their credit cards for some Stanley Cup action.

Really? Got something to back that up do you? More importantly, where will those fans be come November when the Blackhawks are in town?

Memo to Joe Ovies: It's not the increase itself that has people screaming--it's the fact that it was so suddenly announced and that the organization hemmed and hawed even while people were asking them DURING ROUND ONE how much Rounds 3 and 4 would be so that they could budget. Principle, not object. I realize that's a hard concept for you to wrap your brain around--but it would be nice if you tried, yeah?

(I tell you, right now I'm kinda glad that I don't have a working radio in my house, so I don't have to actually listen to the garbage that tends to pass for "sports talk radio" here in the Triangle.)