05 June, 2006

Ave Caesar! Morituri te salutant!

I actually feel pretty calm this morning--probably because all my attention is focused on my bad back. Lower back pain + (heavy lifting at work - Happy Fun Pain Meds) = suffering AcidQueen (that roar you hear is SabresNation and Da Chief cheering wildly).

(that was a joke, kids.)

Anyway. Tonight the Hurricanes and the Oilers begin their epic battle for all the proverbial marbles. The N&O has the usual raft of idiocy from Ned Barnett, Caulton Tudor (especially Caulton Tudor), et al.--and precious little from my boys Luke (who put together a lovely little bit of analysis--though the Oilers fans will probably be up in arms because Luke picks the 'Canes to win) and JP...but this gem caught my eye:

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/447189.html

Yes, it's lame. Yes, it's dorky and more than a little sad. But damned if some of those suggestions aren't funny as hell. Thanks a lot, N&O--now I won't be able to look at Oleg Tverdovsky without shouting "RUDY!" and every time I see my Evil Twin Bret Hedican I'll be wanting to quote lines from "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

...and honestly? ChuckandtheletterK always reminded me of Danny DeVito.

*ahem*

Anyway. The lots at the RBC open at 3:00 PM, and the puck drops at 8:00. Cheer extra loud for me.

And as always:

VICTORY OR DEATH! SCREW JUSTICE, I WANT A CUP!

Go Canes.